Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Protest

I couldn't simply let the Glorious G500 quietly disappear from my life. It was too great of a thing to shrug my shoulders at and just move on. You have to stand up for the things you love right?  And this G500 couldn't speak for itself, but since I drove it all summer we had a bond, and I knew what it wanted. It wanted to stay in our family. 
So what did I do? I made some signs and decided to protest.
 Then I got in the car and locked the doors- it was what I think protest people call a "sit in".
 And the protest began...the signs were from the G500's heart.
  I've never been part of a protest before, so I wasn't quite sure how these things work. Pretty sure there can be chanting so I just chanted: Wasn't I enough? Wasn't I enough?
 
I started to feel desperate, realizing my voice was going unheard. So I took it up a notch, literally.
I thought of all the happiness this car brought to those inside and out. I knew there wasn't another car in America as amazing as this, and I knew i'd never own a car as sweet as this the rest of my life.
And so I got serious. 
 I resorted to one of my 'please don't make me faces' but it wasn't convincing enough. 
 At the end of the night, exhausted from my efforts, I walked away from this protest peacefully.
I came to grips with the fact that I had already kept the Glorious G500 as long as I could. The best remedy to my loss? I told myself  I'll be able to drive it again in Heaven and/or on the New Earth (it really was that good so I know i'll see it again). 
I handed the keys over respectfully, realizing I was able to say goodbye to the G500 and say hello to some dollar bills.
 A memory involving me and some money popped into my head... 
That night, I slept with a smile on my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment