Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stranger at the Beach


Short Story:
I simply went to the beach on my Friday off to get my tan on, and catch up on my Bible Study reading. I put my towel near two Moms chairs so I wasn't all alone. Minding my own business, suddenly I see feet, I look up and its this guy in a visor.
He asks me if i knew what time it was to see if he needed to go home and feed his dog. My iPhone was on my towel next to me, so I gave him the time and then look back down at my book... feet still there. Ugggh! He starts making small talk, and I give him small answers.
This goes on for awhile, until he finally spits his intention out... it was so nice talking with me, and asked if i thought we should exchange numbers and meet up for Happy Hour that evening?
To which I replied, "I don't think that's a great idea since I'm married." Then I saw the embarrassment and shock on his face. "What?! Are you serious? You look wayyy to young to be married!"
I laughed and said, "Yeah, well I am."
And I was thinking the joke's on you buddy, so you can stop laughing and leave me alone now.Finally he apologized and wished me a good day, and left. And as he left I took his picture! So here he is!

I wish I had replied, "That's funny, because I was thinking you look wayyy to old to ask me out!" I mean really this guy could clearly have been my dad. I looked over to the Moms and they were there watching this whole ordeal, they smiled at me and I shrugged my shoulders and rolled my eyes, and then us ladies all had a little laugh.

So there it is, just another ridiculous story to add to my "Michelle Moments" folder.

It took me back to a memory of a funny story in High School that my friends still like to joke about. While getting a drink at the Community College Workout Center mid-track practice, from the corner of my eye I felt someone starring at me. I stopped getting a drink to look up and there he was, leaning against the wall by the drinking fountain when he creepily said, "My aren't you a beautiful girl, what is your name?"  Frozen by fear that I might be abducted or something, I simply replied: "My Mom told me not to talk to Strangers." then turned and walked/ran away. Hahaha no matter how old we are, I think its a great line!   All those childhood lessons on stranger danger went flashing through my head! 

No comments:

Post a Comment