It's finally revealed as promised. I know, I know, you have all been holding your breaths, waiting to see what I'd put on the amazing Sharkey Gray walls, and after seeing pictures from the Sharkey Gray Post, I know some of you were nervous, probably thinking, 'those sharkey gray walls look sooo good, this is going to be tough!'
Well see for yourselves, cause I am pretty happy about this one...
TaaaDaaa!
Its a map... whats the big deal? This is not just any map people, this is a TREASURE MAP! Ok just kidding- but I wish. In reality, it is a map that charts where Eric and I have traveled since we were married.
Its really fun to see all the places we've been and even better... All the places we still want to go!
Its really fun to see all the places we've been and even better... All the places we still want to go!
What took so long? We were confused if we wanted to hang it in the hallway down by the laundry doors, or in the guest room. I thought it might look kind of lonely and naked on that big empty sharkey gray wall... but now I am like, "Michelle what were you thinking!?! It's marvelous!"
In addition, I now think its even cooler in the guest room since the people staying in it probably came from at least a few miles away to stay with us, so they can track their own traveling adventure to our house. Also, they can spend time checking out where we've been, comparing it to where they have been... blah blah blah you get the picture.
And look! It's working already... Eric, clearly inspired, said, "We have a lot of places to go Chelle."
Future guests, take another gazzle (is that a word? I think I may have made that up)

And this is a picture of Eric marking Palm Springs, CA since we recently went there a few weekends ago.
I cheesily printed this wanna-be-cool-phrase on some red paper. It'll do for now, but I am hoping to change it and make it look a little less 'home'made'.
You can lay in bed dreaming of your next adventure.
Go ahead, drool in the privacy of your own house. Its ok, I am too.
(Even more so now that I figured out how to spell drool - not druel, druwel, druwl)
Hurry up people, cause I'm starting to think I might tell Eric we are switching rooms...
great idea chelle! can't wait to map out my next trip to you whenever i get to stay in the guestroom... wait I have never stayed in the guestroom yet!! hahha. always the floor for me and Josh! HEY!!! did you mark La Habra, CA? cause that is a pretty cool place you have been since you two lovebirds got hitched! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I need one of these!!! Great idea! XO
ReplyDelete