Sunday, September 25, 2011

Guest Bath Improved with Pride


The 1st change we actually made to the Carlsbad beach house was in the poor little guest bathroom.
It felt dark, dirty, and dungeon-like, basically it was in need of some real love. So we painted it smokey blue. But at the end of the day, this seemed more like a 'nice try'. So I placed my favorite rug in the poor little smokey blue guest bathroom and I felt a little better....(a little).
I would walk into the doorway of the poor little guest bathroom and I just felt kind of uncomfortable. Then I would step on my rug and feel a little bit safer... but this wasn't enough. So I decorated with one of our favorite scenic photos from Maui and also placed complimentary towels below. 
 
STILL the guest bathroom felt cramped and cold. Finally I saw the light!
- I had to get rid of the shower doors- 
So today I went after them with a fury and tore them down!
 

 
After I popped the top off, I had Eric carry the doors away.
Next came more dirty work (a few hours) of scrapping away the caulking
Ohh my gosh... this was just the beginning...

  Looking cleaner.... now a little hole filling to finish the job.
  
 Take a look at the final results:


 I know its just a bathroom - but I sure am loving it.
Much much better if you ask me. 

1 comment: