Here is a classic Michelle Moment that happened just last weekend.
I had a great time meeting with my college friend, roommate, and teammate, Maria for pedicures while I was in MN for a family wedding. We had a good time catching up and we enjoyed our little girl time. The fun soon ended and I told Maria I wanted to buy since she drove all the way from the Twin Cities to meet up with me.
So when it came time to pay I asked the lady if I add the tip to the total or if I tip afterwards. She said to include the tip in the total amount (since i didn't have cash)...
You would think by now, in my early adult years, I would have this whole tip process down.
I absolutely do not. Every attempt has been made by teachers in school and my parents numerous lessons of their "easy methods" of tipping. Even my friends and extended family have taken pity on me and tried to walk me through the tip process.
And I bet right now you are reading this thinking - Michelle its simple, what is 20 times the total blah blah blah... NO! I simply can not do mental math and I get made fun of for showing ALL my work on the 2nd copy of the receipt.
I am simply Tip Challenged - I bought myself a little cheat sheet called the Tip Computer that I keep in my wallet and I depend on it every time I need to tip on a receipt. But even this is not Michelle Dummy Proof!
So what did I do? I had a Michelle Moment and I DOUBLE TIPPED!!
I found the total on my Tip Calculator and saw the 15% tip amount and the 20% tip amount. I personally like to tip 15% for my Pedi (I mean come on people, they have feet in their face for 40 mins!) and 18% if I get a Pedi and Mani. But back to the story... I found the 15% of the total *here is where the mistake occurred* I then thought well I need to tip for Maria too. So I doubled the 15% tip I was looking at.
Of course the lady was very thankful and happy, and at first I just felt good making her day but then thought to myself - wow that was kind of an expensive event!
As soon as we walked outside I asked Maria did I do that right? Then I realized exactly what I had done and yelled - I'm and IDIOT! Maria felt bad for me so she bought my coffee and lunch haha.
Oh geeze, what am I going to do with myself?!
No comments:
Post a Comment