Thursday, August 4, 2011

Turning Tables Outsiiide

Yo Yo Yo

I want to share with you the freshest new look for the following two tables- which help finalize our major projects completed in the side yard.

Yes people, I do realize I just cheesily started my "Turning Tables Outside" post with Yo Yo Yo - but knowing me - its a dorky habit of mine to say things like this and just keep going.


This first table I found on craigslist. Its a long rattan coffee table with a glass top. Previous owners had it antique white. This is the only picture I have of it when I first brought it home:

With some cleaning and a fresh coat of lagoon spray paint we turned it into this trendy summer table:

Also notice on the right... with the extra lagoon spray paint, I decided to keep this inherited plant rack that according to Eric was TRASH. It was all rusted and it was in really bad shape (probably why it was left behind) but turned out OK.

And I was very happy to find these outdoor pillows for only $4.99.

The multi-stripped pattern provided the easy color scheme.

Sneak peek from Kitchen door:

And I am still in love with my 8x10 bamboo rug to help define this outdoor space.

Eric will tell you how I am completely obsessed with sweeping it daily if not twice so I can walk barefoot on it and not feel like I'm bringing dirty feet inside.

And now for the Free Table we inherited when we moved in! The deck guy kept trying to throw away - it looked that bad- but I was captivated by its rouged character and thought we could bring it back to life.

Take a look before:

It had lots of exposed wood as well as water and sun damage.
















Superhero sanded and sanded this Free Table for days and he did a great job. We only lost about half the wood... just kidding - kind of :)

Then I stained and sealed it.

It turned out a lot darker than we were thinking... Superhero convinced me it matches perfectly with our new mulch. I decided to buy into this idea, especially for his sake.


This concludes the end of our major side yard projects, but don't cry because we still have smaller and even prettier ones to coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment