I've been loving the color gray for a while. In Home Depot, I realized I was still in love with the color gray - actually even more in love after seeing all the shades I could have it in. Now ladies, you will understand this next part if you've ever been to get a pedicure or manicure... As I affirmed my likeness to the color gray, I started reading the names of the paint cards and began deciding if i liked the gray based on the Name.
Pebble Gray: Ooo Ok.
Sterling: Borrring.
Gray Timber Wolf: Uh No. I cant even say Wolf.
Sharkey Gray: No words- just the feeling of a light bulb turning on inside my heart
Sharkey Gray--I loved it!
Now the story goes just a bit farther... So, I love my Sharkey Gray right? Yes, I love everything about it -especially the name and since I live near the ocean, I thought it was cute to paint the guest room Sharkey Gray. And I can tell guests when they compliment the color that its called Sharkey Gray and they will have a sweet memory of their beach visit in the Sharkey Gray room at my house.
My parents and sisters came over and stayed at my house for father's day. I was eager to show them my newly painted guest room. They loved it and now the cool part - I get to say...It's SHARKEY GRAY and then I mentioned by Martha Stewart. My sister Stephanie says: Martha Stewart's Sharkey Gray....she named a paint color after her dog!?
My jaw dropped. My perfectly cute thoughts about my Sharkey Gray room were now ruined by this:
Martha and her ugly french bull dog Sharkey. Disgusting. He isn't even GRAY people!
We all had a good laugh and I decided to disregard Martha's ugly dog since he isn't even gray.
Here is the room while in painting progress:
Keeping with my Shakey theme - I bought these sea urchin lamps.
In addition, there is a terrible rust stain on the carpet. It looks pretty gross and particularly bothers my Dad. So I promised him I'd find just the right thing to cover it up.
I found this yellow and white beach-inspired rug which is the perfect length to cover it at the Crate & Barrel Outlet. It does a great job of changing up patterns and repeating the same yellow from the little side tables we already had from Ikea.
The other thing I love is the window that lets in great light. We already had these curtains in El Paso, but I did upgrade the rod for the guest room.
All in all, our guest room update was fairly low key. The list of new purchases that helped make it a little more beachy is short: paint, rug, lamps and new curtain rod.
And it all started with the love of Gray - Sharkey Gray.
Before Bare bones Guest Room:
Up next for the guest room... something to put on these Sharkey Gray walls.
Coming Soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment