Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall Flowers

 I'd been putting off two projects that I was excited about (probably too excited about) involving two tin tubs, and two iron planters. I finally got to Home Depot so I could finish the projects, and now 
Mi-chelle-share the work. 
First project: Started when I found these for $10 at the Crate&Barrel Outlet - Ohh I love that place.
Guess who decided to hang them like this?? Eric did.
 I wanted to hang them so they would frame the sliders to our master, but there was a light fixture ruining my perfect plan. I was frustrated and thought they would just look stupid (because I hated ever other idea I had) until Eric came outside and said hang them like this -and it was as simple as that. 
 
Good eye Eric!
  
 
 The view of these from the kitchen puts a little smile on my face. 
 
    I was so excited, we ate dinner outside that night and here is the dorky picture of me to prove it.
 
Second project: I have two of these tin tubs, which I found for free in the Biola Student Dump this past summer!
I decided to do something fun with one of them for a while...
Nothing too crazy -I just planted some fall mums.
I think my Mums and Succulents look good together.
 
This part of the yard gets all the morning and afternoon sun - and mums like the sun :)
Pretty flowers all year long - Oh what a life!

1 comment:

  1. That was a perfect place to hang those! Everyone sees their beauty-ness when you walk outside your kitchen! I love the way you make everything so happy. Love you chelle!

    ReplyDelete