I want to finally share the biggest deal in the Master.....
When we moved to CA from TX we decided it was time to cash in our savings for a king bed. I know I know, a king bed is huge and I agree. In our 1st year of being married, we had a nice queen bed but I never slept well. Why did we need a king bed? Because a king is the size of two twin beds.
Eric all sprawled out takes up in the least, a whole twin bed - so this means in a queen, I get to sleep on less space than a twin bed! I often found myself clinging to the edge... waking up constantly trying to get comfortable on the remaining sliver of our queen bed.
JUST BECAUSE I am small doesn't mean I want to or should have to sleep on slivers of a mattress, or be shoved into small spaces or chairs for the rest of my life so that he can comfortably have enough space.
Seriously people, think about this scenario: all the big people get in the car, the smaller people come... oh this is going to be tight. Solution: JUST squeeze in here little people, sit on the floor its alright.
Next scenario: all the small people get in the car, the big people come... oh this will never work there isn't enough room. Solution: We have to take two cars.
You see, ridiculous! Why is it normal for big people to get the extra space they need thus normal for little people to fit in tiny cracks and get smashed up in back seats?
Wow, this has turned into somewhat of a venting spree- Become another person become another person...
What it comes all boils down to is: respect of others space, and I feel little people's space gets impinged upon more often than bigger people's space. But back to the King Bed post...
I was in love with the Colette Bed from Crate&Barrel. But my savings couldn't handle its price of 1,600.
So what did I do? I sold Eric's truck. Just kidding... he wouldn't let me.
I found on a design site, which I like to keep track of, the Colette look-alike bed for less than half the price.
Say hello to Colette's step-brother, Clotaire.
Clotaire's bedding is still in progress - but my duvet cover is the square tuck from West Elm and I am really happy with it. And yes, the paint samples on the wall took weeks of analyzing and testing...
Until finally, a joint decision for the paint color in the Master bedroom was made: Midday Mocha
Midday Mocha was a nice neutral color with a purple hue but not a girly, kiddish purple.
Clotaire is great and I greatly appreciate his kingly-ness. Eric and I sleep so royally now.
We just need to work a little on his attire.
Next up for Master bedroom progress --- King Clotaire's assistants (the night stands)!

I know what you mean Michelle, Steph is a huge beast in our bed and takes the entire thing, too.
ReplyDeleteChelle, I love this. I can't wait to see your room! Invite me over! Now!!
ReplyDelete