Thursday, October 20, 2011

MN Barn Wedding (Boots not required)


Back in August Eric and I attended his cousin's wedding just down the dirt road from his parents house. 
It was incredibly beautiful and the decorations and details were jaw-dropping. 
The ceremony was held outside under an oak tree, and the reception took place in the barn. 
It was a rootin', tootin', boot-stompin' celebration and we had a blast. 
 The colors were yellow, gray, white and black. 
The bride and groom looked ever-so-beautiful and stylish!
Inside the barn was lots of tulle and these tweed flowers were on posts and hanging from the rafters keeping it "naturally" decorated.

 This was a real barn, on a real farm, which had a few cows and they were cute. 
I think i'ts safe to say the poop was scooped on Wedding Day!
Yes, I did choose to wear my leather cowgirl boots from which I was asked by Eric's cousin Tim, if I chose to wear them because I thought everyone would be wearing boots at this barn wedding out in the country?...

I did not think that by being more of a city folk, I would make the country folk wonder if I wore boots to fit in because I think they wear boots.  But the answer is NO No no Tim. I wore these boots because...

 I love them AND since I was invited to a casual farm wedding, I couldn't wear heals, and didn't think flip flops or tennis shoes would be appropriate, so I wore my favorite fancy boots. These ain't no work boots boy! These are genuine leather boots which happen to cost me a few pretty pennies at Nordstrom Rack! AND my feet never hurt from heels so I was able to happily dance the night away. AND I wore these boots so I didn't get my legs dirty or dusty but most importantly I wore these boots because they were like beautiful luxurious shields that blocked my legs from being eaten alive by all your country blood sucking MOSQUITOES that particularly love to feed on my sweet "city folk" blood!
But thank you for asking Tim, because it did make me laugh pretty stinkin' hard.
I LOVE corn fields. 
You know I do come from a long line of farming blood and that corn is my favorite vegetable.
 
So that was that, we left and I took my boots with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment