Eric surprised me for Valentines Day 2011 with a trip to Ruidoso, New Mexico. It was really exciting because I had never been surprised with a trip! So we packed up and got in the car for the 2.5 hour drive from El Paso,TX to the snowy mountains of Ruidoso, NM.
We ate a romantical dinner at K-Bob's Steakhouse - I guess you could say it was love at first sight.
Then we went on a date to the bowling alley where we had a friendly competition.
Eric's form may look good, but the scores display just how badly he lost.
What can I say? I am Steeze.
Maybe the tall kids ski socks I had to buy to bowl were lucky? In the least, they kept my feet warm for our next adventure....
We rode up the Gondola at Ski Apache to have our Sweetheart Valentines Brunch in the Ski Lodge.
Eric wore his best suit, hahaha.
It was really beautiful. FYI: Ruidoso is the most southern part of the Rocky Mountian Range.
The top of Ski Apache is unique or you could say 'enchanting' (New Mexico is after all, the land of enchantment) because if you stood looking one way all you saw was mountains and snow, then if you spun around and looked out all you saw was the majestic desert.
I think this might be in the running for our Christmas Card:
Short story - I got this little puppy dog for Eric. I stayed up until he fell asleep and then put it on his wallet and keys on the nightstand in the room. Well, the morning begins and Eric gets up, puts his wallet and keys in his pocket and then asks me when I am going to get up. I rolled over to his nightstand and reply, 'When are you going to stop being retarded?' Confused, he appeals to me to get out of bed by picking up the puppy dog and says, "Chelle! Look! The hotel left you a valentines puppy!"
And I reply, "No you idiot! I left you that valentines puppy last night!"
We laughed and it was pretty funny.
And lastly, for Eric, I made strawberry and mint heart shaped Ice Cream Sandwiches when we got home.
They were pretty good - although the ice cream got a little too melted in the whole process.
All in all, we had an enchantingly delicious and surprisingly adventurous 1st Valentines.

wow! I am so out of it. Thanks for telling me what you did for Valentines Day! NOT... ! Looks beautiful, nice job Eric!
ReplyDelete