Eric was excited by the idea- CAMPING!! While I was a bit more realistic (if you will) - no electricity, no computers, no tv, no lights, no fridge, no outlets to charge our phones....!!! It was fun for the first two days: we went to the movies, we went out to eat, and we 'had' to go to Starbucks frequently to use their outlets to charge our phones, and also so we could work from our computers and not get fired.
We barbarically made it through the weekend. Tuesday finally came and the electric man was supposed to come in the morning between 8am and 12am to turn on our electricity. Monday, I had neglected to as my dad would say "juice up" my phone at Starbucks and went to bed that night relying on the alarm from my phone. Too bad it died in the night (I obviously couldn't plug in a real alarm clock) (Eric charged his at his office on Monday and left for work at 6:00am).
I am not a morning person to begin with, and furthermore we had had a whirlwind of a trip since... the Thursday before we packed all our things and caravaned our trailers across to California arriving Friday night to my sister's in La Habra, CA so that Saturday morning I would be able to go to my cousin's baby shower in San Juan with my mother sister and auntie. Then at the crack of Sunday we drive down to Carlsbad and move in where we found there was no power and so we "camp" for almost two days and now I have no alarm to wake me up at 7:45am. Can't you see how I slept in a deep sleep like a little baby in my crib?
I am awakened in the guest room (because we hadn't gotten our new bed yet) by a noise I don't recognize. I slowly open my eyes and am very confused of where I am so I look outside. Its a bright, sunny morning in California and then I find a man in an orange vest and hardhat waving at me while saying "Good-morning!!" with the biggest smile on his face. He is literally right outside the window. I was freaked out for about 5 seconds trying to translate if I was about to be attacked and where I was and if this was real so I went into freeze mode because if I don't see him he cant see me...!
He thought it was hilarious! He could not stop laughing and said his day was going to be great. I embarrassingly laughed and apologized. I asked what time it was he said 8:00am. I showed him to the backyard - we got the power on and he jollily left within 15 minutes.
Pretty embarrassing moment. I charged my phone and then called to tell Eric the whole story.

Okay. This is super creepy. Why didn't he just knock really loudly on the front door? I mean, seriously? Inappropriate.
ReplyDelete